Thursday, June 10

4 minutes to sleep

The lids drifted into view above the TV screen. they pushed through the air... blinking down but darting back as soon as I noticed. My head lolled down and I woke with a start. Look left. Kitchen brightness. Look up. Fly asleep upon the ceiling. I'm tired. Eyes sore. Feels like sweat has dripped into them. With a heroic effort, stand up. Twich curtain. Yellow outside bouncing back off car. Turn slowly as I let the curtain fall back down again, veiling the night and the glare form my room. Flick switch on wall and keep walking. TV fizzes and dies. Darkness descends on the room.

Dressing gown off. Onto sheets, and with some struggle into sheets. Head hits pillow and I drift out into the lake.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"head hits pillow and i drift out into the lake."

=)

June 11, 2004 5:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home