Thursday, July 22

Am Inside

The blank page is my home
I never want to go back to what you know
When I came here I was made of beams
Now I’m something fragile, something unseen

And now I am inside.

When they drove me from my home
I was far too old to be left alone
When you pulled me out and showed me outside
I didn’t know where to go I just wanted to hide

And now I am inside.

When the sun comes up I’ll turn to glass
I’ll breathe with the air and float down the path
I am under your feet and under your skin
You never knew you’d let me in

And now I am inside.

When the time is gone and the world has turned
When you are dead little boys and girls
I’ll be freed from your blank grey veins
Then I’ll be free to rise again

But now I am inside.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

creepy, creepy.

i want to read these in a hand-written book i found in a shop, dusted and forgotten on a stormy day.

July 22, 2004 8:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home