Thursday, November 4

Walking Past

Keep on walking, go on
Just keep on walking, don't slow
To pick me up or look into my eyes
There is something there. You're surprised
But it's always been there. you just
Never looked before. All I want from you
Is the reason that you don't do more
And don't look down
When you lie to my face as you walk through my town
(And it is mine you see
I can sleep when I like
And I stay up all night. I'm the theif in your house
And I don't want to end
This particular spree until
You know a little of what it's like to be me).

I was once a rich man with a family and
I had friends, once, too, I remember them now
And my life took a turn for the worst? Don't believe
What they tell you about me. I'm made for the street
I won't keep on my feet
Keep on walking around like
Every other idiot in town. I don't talk on the phone
And I eat what I like
All you've forgotten about being alive
Is presented in me, yet I sit on the street
And to you that's enough
I am not nice to enough
To inhabit your world. It's OK, I don't need
To rely to exist.
Independence is bliss.

Keep on walking, go on
Just keep on walking, don't slow
To pick me up or look into my eyes
There is something there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home