Wednesday, November 3

Distant Post

There is a sound across the mist
It's gliding through the streaming skies
It's falling like the rain on us
It's cold as friends and I don't know why

Confusion, it has peirced confusion
Left it charred and blackened out
The sound has shot through the ears of the animals
It has left this world and we're drifting out

I looked up and around to find the singer
Singer of this distant song
Where the light shines down from up on the hillside
I knew the voice would not wait long

I ran and I ran til my lungs were burning
I stumbled and clawed my way through the dark
To the distant post where the light's still shining
I could taste the beating of my heart

When I got to the top I found there was nothing
Just a drop away to the distant sea
And I knew in the moment the voice was lost there
Drifting and sinking below the beach

And I ran to the water's edge and I screamed out
Screamed as loud as my lungs could sustain
And I felt the spray on my lips in the night time
And I looked up into the coming rain

Pulled off clothes and I sank into wet sand
Splashed out from the safety of shore
Pulled myself through funereal tridents
Sinking with the rise and fall

And I swam until my arms were aching
I felt the cold in my body's shock
I lashed to keep my head above water
But something still was guiding me on

And in another few minutes I knew I was drowning
I turned back to the distant coast
I looked around and I heard that calling
Calling me like another ghost.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home