Thursday, July 22

Wolves

Heavenly father, where is your voice?
When I was born I still had a choice
And I chose the path less trod again
It made no difference anyway
Because I let the wolves inside
When I was still a little child

For my time I was too slow
Too quiet in speech and weak of bone
I am much too small to feel
Everything inside this wheel
I have let the wolves inside
The world changed me and I am wild

The sun beats down when I am asleep
And night time is too cold for me
When I feel the blood in my veins
I feel like the pouring rain
Because when I let the wolves inside
My body became the earth and the sky

Heavenly father, which way do I turn
From here, where your directions have burned
A scar into my broken back
And I have come too far to track
The directions I have turned, the miles
Since I let the wolves inside

It’s not in my nature to inflict all this harm
But I can’t seem to hold it with these strong arms
I cannot contain all the things that I think
I have drunk on rage so deep that I’m sick
Once I wanted these wolves inside
Now I won’t sleep until they have died

Real life is a trick of the light
Because the reality is a brutal flight
Against those things that would lead me to pain
I shall not tread that path again
When the night comes and the lights have died
I shall let the wolves inside

I need strength and courage, and somewhere to hide
So I shall let the wolves inside.

4 Comments:

Blogger tzb said...

Sigur Ros? :) They make good things happen whatever they're conjoined to. Glad you both enjoyed this stuff!

10 more things waiting to upload, unfortunatley not on this PC... but soon.

July 28, 2004 1:58 pm  
Blogger Steve Scott said...

Wow theres some pretty good stuff on here. I had Ruled By Secrecy by Muse playing while I was reading and that also had an interesting effect. Some cool bands in your profile list too! Nice one.

July 31, 2004 5:27 pm  
Blogger Mike Heaney said...

Now dude, bit of a poet myself, got an e-mail address I can send to you for your critical eye 'cos you're clearly an expert.

August 05, 2004 6:31 pm  
Blogger tzb said...

Certainly, nearly_all_gone@hotmail.com will get to me every few days.

August 06, 2004 11:59 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home