Tuesday, January 24

Summer Sun

The sun shines in, without the void of fear
Spinning close to life, in death so very clear
A chance to hope, a force to bring renewal
In summer’s arms, the flight of faith is fuel

The summer’s here, in winter’s evening bloom
Rhythmic, melodic, repentant and consumed
Grasp out at wisdom, pacify the walls
That autumn stained, moss and earth, symbols

Circumnavigate the dusty globe
Bring my lonely sister safely home
Feel her breath against your naked skin
The crime of regret polished slowly in

At night, the sun shines out and distance calls
Revenge, revenge upon this shaking all
A cataclysm pulls my legs from under
And all that once was close is rent asunder

The spring is new, it pulls upon your heart
It tugs you near, then decimates those arts
Of sanctity, sterility and cold;
Return the simple light into your soul

The sun shone in, enclosed the void of fear
Span round with it a while, and slowly cleared
Above the sun, a gleaming message found
‘Renew your hope, and fear no darkness now’

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

amazing

February 12, 2006 3:56 pm  
Blogger the flashmaster general said...

Hi, looooong time since I looked at your work and I'm pleased to see you're still creating beautiful poetry....btw I realised I was at school with you in Queensbury, my names Aisling if you remember me at all....? Keep it up kiddo!

March 19, 2006 7:21 pm  
Blogger tzb said...

Thanks, I’ve really gone off this one though. It was more of a flawed formal experiment than a decent bit of poetry... argh I hate everything I write these days, it’s so pretentious and teenage. It’s frustrating not to be able to do the things you’d love to do, but I suppose you just have to console yourself with doing whatever you can manage.

And yes, of course I remember you :) Have you been back to good ol’ sunny dunny lately?

March 22, 2006 9:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home