Saturday, June 19

Grass

Grass outside grows past the window
There’s someone in here with me
The more I turn around the less I can see
I’ll sit still
I don’t want the walls to start caving in

The walls are alight with shadows
They move from objects that went away
Someone came and took them whilst I was in here
I don’t remember that
And now I’m too weak to think twice

The grass is so loud, it sounds like a fan blade
And winter is cold and thick overhead
The clouds are lit with a darkness
I’m afraid
Why can’t I step outside without feeling?

Sun is leaving me here, spinning on alone
Where can I go to follow it? There’s no door
No hope of escape, no light and no air
I’ll suffocate in here
Please someone come and break down these walls.

2 Comments:

Blogger tzb said...

Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed it!

June 20, 2004 11:41 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm attracted to the idea of this one, and some of the imagery and ideas are fantastic, but as a whole it's not one of my favorites.

though parts of it are really excellant.

June 21, 2004 2:46 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home